Anonymous asked you:What’s with Darren’s killer kissing technique when he needs to rotate down and up? Was it only with Chris or with any other on-screen partners too?I tried to make my own video – but it wouldn’t load to You Tube because of fox content – so I found this one – shows every kiss Darren did on screen (and one harry potter one) before Glee up to the first Klaine kiss – which your question was in response to my post about that kiss (here’s a link to it if you didn’t see it and have no idea what I am talking about:As to your questionNo , Darren does not deepen his kisses with his co-stars except for Chris.; )They (Darren and other co-stars) will go through the motions, even move as if it is being deepened – but you can tell it is still “acting”.When actors deepen a kiss it is mutually agreed upon and discussed (especially the use of tongues) – to do so without the others boundaries clearly understood and respected would be un-professional.(no where in a Glee script will you ever find the words – “their tongues collided between their lips”)What I love most about Klaine (Chris & Darren) kisses:
- How they slot together so effortlessly and without hesitation – almost as if they have done it so many times it doesn’t require concentration – just desire.
- How Darren always chases after the kiss at the end – not ready to stop
- How when on level ground (or tables) Darren will go up on his toes to come down on Chris’ lips – but Chris tilts his head to the side then down and upward so they meet in the middle between the small height difference
- How even chaste kisses are met with the same intensity as full on passionate kisses
- How Darren doesn’t need a script to tell him to kiss Chris – even if it’s just on the cheek (and supposed to be a hug)
Watch him carefully – he tilts slightly toward Chris’ cheek, neck, ear when he is going to kiss – otherwise his Chin goes straight back over Chris’ shoulder and he tucks it into the curve of Chris’ neck.
But most of all – I love their kisses – because Darren got Chris to say this in an interview……..
Thanks for the question hon!